The Quality Assurance Commission is a form of collegial management of the faculty of WKITU, created to facilitate the implementation of an internal quality assurance system at the faculty, based on international standards and guidelines for quality assurance in higher and postgraduate education in the European Higher Education Area (ESG). In its activities, the Commission is guided by the current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of higher and postgraduate education, Standards and guidelines for ensuring the quality of higher education in the European Higher Education Area (ESG), approved by the Conference of Ministers in Yerevan in 2015, as well as the Charter of WKITU, internal regulations documents of WKITU and Regulations on the activities of the Faculty Quality Assurance Commission.
Organization of the work of the Quality Assurance Commission:
– The commission for quality assurance of the faculty is created for the academic year on the basis of the order of the dean of the faculty;
– The composition of the Quality Assurance Commission may include instructors, students, undergraduates, heads of structural divisions, academic staff of the faculty. The composition and structure of the Commission is determined by the faculty independently;
– The work of the Faculty Quality Assurance Commission is organized in accordance with the work plan approved by its chairman for the academic year.
Areas of activity of the Quality Assurance Commission:
– Conducting internal audits of departments and structural divisions of the faculty; development and approval of forms of documents related to the activities of the Faculty Quality Assurance Commission;
– Making a collegial decision on the content and conditions for the implementation of educational programs of the faculty, on the assessment policy and other academic issues of the faculty;
– Analysis of the results of the questionnaire survey of students of the faculty to assess the quality of educational programs and (or) disciplines / modules, for the presence of facts of violation of academic honesty; development of a plan of corrective actions based on the results of the survey and monitoring its implementation;
– Organization and control of the preparation of reports of the faculty on self-assessment of educational programs in order to pass the procedure of their specialized accreditation, reports of the faculty on post-accreditation monitoring of educational programs;
– Monitoring the implementation of ESG standards at the faculty;
– Development of proposals for improving the quality of educational programs of the faculty.