Department’s history begins since 1998. And from the first days of its activity, a newly formed small team of teachers-historians and scientists paid special attention mainly to the training of professional historians, with deep knowledge in the study of the ancient, medieval, new and modern period of our country’s history. At the same time, along with the national history, the department strives to teach students the scientific and methodological foundations of world history. Within the scope of its functional duties, the department began training specialists in higher educational institutions in social disciplines and the humanities.
At the first stage of the activity, one of the most difficult tasks facing the department was the training of scientific and pedagogical personnel on History of Kazakhstan and on World History and the recruitment of qualified specialists. As a result of the painstaking cadre work, the staff of the department was replenished by academic historians: Candidate of History, associate professor SuleimenovaG.B., Candidate of History, associate professor KurmanalinS.B., Candidate of Historiy, associate professor YernazarovZh.T., Candidate of History, associate professor BalykovaA.M. The result of effective use of the educational structure and achievements of specific results by teachers in the field of scientific research by the university and the department of internal resources was the successful defense of Candidates’ theses by Suleimenova D.D. in 2004, Boranbayeva B.S.in 2009 and Abdrakhmanova R.L. in 2010.
Under the new conditions, since 2000, when the university began to function in the status of the Academy, the department in the organization of educational, methodological, research and creative work has reached a high level of development. First of all, the material and technical base of the department was strengthened, educational rooms and laboratories equipped with computers and other technical means of teaching. Currently, the training of students focuses on the use of new innovative teaching methods, electronic textbooks, and on their basis, new educational programs are being introduced into the educational process. Realizing the main provisions and changes in the main normative documents on the prospective development of the education system, in particular the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Education”, state standards in the field of higher education and postgraduate education, as well as the requirements of international development experience, the department also makes significant changes in its scope of activities. Thus, the department is corresponding to the Bologna process according to the three-level training of personnel, it conducts graduates with an academic degree of bachelor since 2003, and since 2006 specialists with an academic master’s degree, and the most prepared part of young teachers are trained in doctoral studies, followed by obtaining an academic degree Doctor PhD.
The Department of History, social disciplines and the humanities of the University has achieved great results in the field of scientific and pedagogical research and has become one of the major scientific centers in the Western region to study unexplored pages of Kazakhstan history.
To date, the department has a high scientific and pedagogical potential. The department includes 2 doctors of sciences, professors (academician Rysbekov T.Z., professorShintemirova B.G.), 6 candidates of sciences, associate professors, 2 senior lecturers and 3 instructors with an academic master’s degree. The faculty of the department carries out the management of the thesis and master’s theses in the specialities “5B011400-History”, “5B011500 – Fundamentals of Law and Economics”, write fundamental scientific works on the national history of the region, textbooks, teaching aids, scientific articles, take an active part in organization and holding of various regional, republican, international scientific and theoretical conferences, forums, seminars and round tables.
Over the past 20 years, since the opening of the department, published about 15 monographs and collective scientific works, including: National liberation movements of the Younger Zhuz against the colonial policy of the Russian Empire in the XVIII-XIX centuries, the history of the Western branch of AlashOrda, the history ofBokeyhorde, and other works devoted to topical problems of regional history.
The Department of History, social disciplines and the humanities, as a scientific and methodological center, established close contacts on the exchange of experience with universities of neighboring regions of the region, for the purposes of scientific interaction and improving the level of education and training, such as Aktobe University afterS.Baishev, Southern Pedagogical University of Shymkent, with the frontier universities of Orenburg, Samara of the Russian Federation, as well as with countries far abroad, in particular Goethe University, Germany.
Great interest among students of the speciality “5B011400-History”, “5B011500-Fundamentals of law and economics” is evoked by the lectures of leading scientists: Doctor of History, professor Amanzholova D.A. the Russian Federation Moscow, professor Hans Jakob Schmitz fromGoethe University, Frankfurt,Germany and other foreign instructors invited by the department.
To date, the faculty of the department consists of 13 lecturers, 11 of them are full-time and 2 part-time instructors, the head of the department is Candidate of History, associate professor Balykova A.M.
Currently, the department carries out training in the specialties “5B011400-History”, “5B011500-Fundamentals of Law and Economics” baccalaureate and in the speciality “6M011400-History” on the Master’s program.
In general, the Department of History, social disciplines and the humanities became the center of a large educational and research work of our West Kazakhstan Innovation and Technological University, and in fact studies the actual pages of Kazakhstan history is really a school of historians.
The purpose of the department:
– arming future specialists with historical knowledge, teaching students patriotism and humanism; modern, creative and innovative self-improvement of teachers and scientists; Assisting teachers of secondary schools in teaching and teaching methods inHistory of Kazakhstan.
-organization of teaching and educational work on the preparation of highly qualified specialists in Russian and Kazakh languages in the pedagogical specialties “History” and “Fundamentals of Law and Economics”;
– implementation of research work on topical issues of the Fatherland History;
– for the purposes of scientific and educational cooperation, the establishment of close cooperation in the exchange of experience with the leading universities of the Western region and the border universities of Orenburg and Samara of the Russian Federation.
Research work at the department is carried out within the framework of the draft economic agreement. Subject:
- History and ethnography of Western Kazakhstan.
- National liberation movements of the XVIII-XIX centuries and historical figures of Kazakhstan.
The department provides training for the following specialties:
– 5В011400- History, 5В011500 -Fundamentals of Law and Economics
– 6M011400- History
– In general, the main focus of the department is the training of future historians, true patriots of Kazakhstan with national, humanistic views, real teachers and historians in demand on the labor market.
BALYKOVA AKKAIYN MURATOVNA
Candidate of History (2008)
From 2005-2008 she studied in a graduate school at the History Department of West Kazakhstan State University after M. Utemisov. In 2008 at the dissertation council “07.00.02.- Native history (History of the Republic of Kazakhstan)” in this educational institution by specialty defended her thesis. Author more than 40 scientific articles.
SHINTIMIROVA BAYAN GABBASOVNA
Doctor of History (2007)
Professor (2009), “High achiever of education of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (1992), “The Honorary worker of education of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (2004), “The Best lecturer of the University” (2009).
1989 – defended the Candidate’s thesis at the Institute of History, Archeology and Ethnology after Sh. Ualikhanov Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh SSR.
2007 – defended his doctoral thesis at the dissertation council BD 14.61.26 in the West Kazakhstan State University after M. Utemisov in “07.00.02.- Native history (History of the Republic of Kazakhstan).” Author more than 100 scientific works.
Main scientific works:
- Manual. Almaty, 1998.
- Textbook for teachers and students of secondary studies of institutions and universities. Uralsk, 2005.
- Sayasattanunegіzderі. Textbook, Uralsk, 2008.
- Kazakhstan Respublikasyzhane TMD elderіintegratciyasytarihy (1991-2005): Monograph. Uralsk,The media and the editorial center at WKSU. M.Utemisov, 2010.
- Aleumettanunegіzderі. Manual. Uralsk, The media and the editorial center at WKSU afterM.Utemisov, 2010.
- Training instructors in higher education: Kazakhstan context. RevistaEspaciosISSN 0798-1015
- In co-authorship with Candidate of History, associate professor Boranbayeva B.S., collection of memoirs “Ottyzhyldarkakharmandary”, publishing house “Polygraphservice”. Uralsk, 2017.-380 pages
YERNAZAROV ZHASKAIRAT TLEKKABYLOVICH
Candidate of History, associate professor
In 2001 at the dissertation council of Institute of History and Ethnology after Sh. Ualikhanov of Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan defended the Candidate’s thesis on the theme: “Ethno-language functions of family ceremonialism of Kazakhs (ethno-cultural aspects)”. Author more than 50 scientific works.
- Family ceremonialism of Kazakhs: symbol and ritual (monograph). Almaty, 2003.
- Historical study of local lore. History of the West Kazakhstan region. Uralsk, 2004.
- Methodical instructions on design, development and creation of the educational and methodical complexes of disciplines (EMCD) for specialties of baccalaureate. Uralsk, 2005.
- Electronic educational edition “Family ceremonialism of Kazakhs: symbol and ritual”. Uralsk, 2006.
- A research on the traditional familial cultural symbols and their meaning in Kazakh tradition \\2012 Prairie Silk Road and the Prospects for international Economic Cooperation in the Trans-Altay Region. August 5to 12, 2012 UrumqiandAltay. China
KURMANALIN SAMAT BAKHITZHANOVICH
Candidate of History, associate professor
KurmanalinSamatBakhitzhanovich is the scientist, Candidate of History (1999), associate professor (2003), “The Honorary worker of education of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (2006).
1994 – graduated from the Uralsk Pedagogical Institute after A. Pushkin. In 1994-1998 studied in postgraduate course at the Uralsk Pedagogical Institute after A. Pushkin, 1999 at the dissertation council of educational institution defended the Candidate’s thesis: “1847-1858 zhyldardagyEsetKotіbarulybastaganult-azattykkoterіlіs “. Author of more than 60 scientific articles.
Fundamental historical works:
- Kazakhstan Respublikasytarikhy (Tarikhfakultetіsyrttayokubolіmіstudentterіne arnalgandarіsterdіn, seminarlardyn, bakylauzhumystarynyntakyryptary). Uralsk, 2000.-96 pages.
- Batys Kazakhstan oblysynyntarikhy. Textbook for pupils. Uralsk,2001.-203 pages.
- Kіshіzhuzdegіult-azattykkozgalystarynynzerttelutarikhy: Textbook.Uralsk, 2002.-120 pages.
- Batys Kazakhstan oblysynyntarihy. Textbook for pupils. Uralsk, 2015.-292 pages.
ABDRAKHMANOVA RAYSA LESOVNA
Candidate of History (2010)
“The Honorary worker of education of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (2006).
In 1988 graduated with honours the Uralsk Pedagogical Institute after A. Pushkin by specialty History and Pedagogics. In 2010 at dissertation council of BD 14.61.26 in the West Kazakhstan State University after M. Utemisov defended the Candidate’s thesis on the theme ” The history of the formation and development of national education of the Western Kazakhstan (1841-1941years)”.
SULEYMENOVA DAMETKEN DOSMUKHANOVNA
Candidate of History
“The Honorary worker of education of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (2008), in 2001 she was awarded the Honorary diploma of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In 2004 at the doctor’s dissertationcouncil BD.14.15.09. inKazakh National Pedagogical University after Abai defended the Candidate’s thesis on the theme: “AlashordanynBatysboliminintarikhy”. Author more than 100 scientific works.
Fundamental scientific works:
- Alashordanyn Batysbolіmіnіn tarikhy-olketarikhynynkuramdasbolіgі. Textbook. Almaty, publishing house “Arys”. 2007.-136 pages.
- Zhaһ Monograph. Uralsk, 2010.
- Kazakhstannynkazirgy zamantarikhy (course of lectures). Uralsk, 2010.
- Mustafa Shokay is the ideologist of the Turkestan national movement. Man in India (Scopus), 2017.
- Turkic origins of the Traditional Kazakh Historical Thought and Islamic Influence on its Formation. INDIAN JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, VOL.7(21), 10.17485/ijst 2016. ISSN (print): 0974-6846, ISSN (online): 0974-5645
BORANBAYEVA BAKTYLY SANSYZBAYEVNA
Candidate of History
In 2009 at the dissertation council of BD 14.61.26 in the West Kazakhstan State University after M. Utemisov defended the Candidate’s thesis on the theme: “”GumarKarashtynomіrі men kogamdyksayasikyzmetі. Author more than 50 scientific works.
Fundamental scientific works:
- Almaty, publishing house “Pholiant”. 2013.
- GumarKarashtynomіrі men kogamdyksayasikyzmetі. Almaty, publishing house “Arys”. 2014.
- UlyOtansogysynakatyskanBatysKazakhstandyk Kazakhkyzdary. (scientific research)Uralsk, 2015.
- In co-authorship with Doctor of History, professor Shintimirova B.G., collection of memoirs “Ottyzhyldarkakharmandary”, publishing house “Polygraphservice”. Uralsk, 2017.-380 pages.
- “Ortagasyrlartarikhy” (E-manual). Uralsk, 2017.
SULEYMENOV SAYLAU KHAMITOVICH
Senior lecturer of the department, teacher of local history. Author more than 50 scientific, historical and educational works.
Fundamental works on history:
- Akzhaiygynangsaganazamat. Collection of memoirs. Almaty,
- Dalasynalaiykdaryn. Collection of memoirs. Uralsk,
- ArmanynundesedіAkzhaiykpen. Collection of memoirs. Uralsk,
- Biіkkesamgaytynkus. Work dedicated to the 105th anniversary of akynTaiyrZharokov. Uralsk,
- «AkkuMahabbat”. Work dedicated to the 105th anniversary of writer KhamzaYessenzhanov. Uralsk.
SISEKESHOVA ALFIYA SANSYZBAYEVNA
Senior lecturer, master of History, author more than 25scientific-research articles.
SIDAKHMETOV SERIK ELTAYEVICH
Senior lecturer, master of History, author more than 15scientific-research articles.
DAUESOVA AYZHAN ZHANGAZIYEVNA
Senior lecturer, master of History, author more than 15 scientific-research articles.