On September 24-27, 2019, as part of the celebration of International Tourism Day, the Inn & Science Asia Research and Education Center in Ust-Kamenogorsk held the First Republican Distance Olympiad among university of speciality “Tourism”.
The Olympiad consisted of two blocks: 1 block – presentation and 2 block – open questions and case studies.
In total, 15 teams from the following universities took part in the second round of the Olympiad:
- Institute of Mardan Saparbayev (Shymkent);
- East Kazakhstan State University named after S. Amanzholov (Ust-Kamenogorsk);
- Eurasian National University named after Gumilyov L.N. (Nur-Sultan);
- West Kazakhstan Innovative and Technological University (Uralsk);
- Kazakhstan-American Free University (Ust-Kamenogorsk);
- Karaganda Economic University of Kazpotrebsoyuz (Karaganda);
- North Kazakhstan State University named after M. Kozybaev (Petropavlovsk);
- South Kazakhstan State University named after Auezov (Shymkent).
At the Olympiad, our university was represented by students of the 1st course of the specialty “Tourism” Balmuldin Aibarys, Batyrgaliev Alibek, Abugalieva Saniya. Scientific advisers Salimbaeva Sholpan Dyusenbaevna senior lecturer, Islyamov Ruslan Seilkhanovich senior lecturer.
Following the results of 2 rounds, students of our university scored 64 points and took the third place.